SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
attn. Dick vennerbeck (steam bike)
Posted by: alex syme (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2003 08:47AM

<HTML>
Hello Dick,

Thankyou for your reply to my steam bike subject. i have seen the steam bike made from a minibike that you described.the pictures are on this website. I cannot however contact the person who built it and/or anyone who knows anything about it. It was that very bike that motivated me to look into buliding my own. i have tried finding someone to talk to about it before but with no luck. Does anyone know what engine he runs on that bike? I cant make out what it could possibly be. I am very interested in knowing all about it, any information would be fantastic,

thanks, Alex.</HTML>

Re: attn. Dick vennerbeck (steam bike)
Posted by: Terry Williams (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2003 12:23PM

<HTML>Roger McGuire's bike? I think he's using a vane motor now for an engine. Takes huge amounts of steam.

<a href="mailto:&#97;&#108;&#101;&#120;&#115;&#121;&#109;&#101;&#64;&#104;&#111;&#116;&#109;&#97;&#105;&#108;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109;?subject=attn. Dick vennerbeck (steam bike)">alex syme</a> wrote:
>
>
> Hello Dick,
>
> Thankyou for your reply to my steam bike subject. i have seen
> the steam bike made from a minibike that you described.the
> pictures are on this website. I cannot however contact the
> person who built it and/or anyone who knows anything about
> it. It was that very bike that motivated me to look into
> buliding my own. i have tried finding someone to talk to
> about it before but with no luck. Does anyone know what
> engine he runs on that bike? I cant make out what it could
> possibly be. I am very interested in knowing all about it,
> any information would be fantastic,
>
> thanks, Alex.</HTML>

<b>Re: email link</b>
Posted by: JW (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2003 01:54PM

<HTML>Alex-

If you go to the SteamBike page, you will find an email link in the page header. If a click on the link does not open your email program, you can always just copy/paste the address into an email address field, or copy it down your Big Chief writing tablet ....... [grin]

It should not be case sensitive, but make it all lower case if there is any problem.

JW

</HTML>

Re: email link
Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2003 04:16PM

<HTML>Hi Alex,
I have seen that Roger has tried many engines on this bike. He brings it each year to "The Great Delta Steamboat Meet" (about 30 miles East of San Francisco). Some worked well and then threw a rod or something, some worked poorly and were changed. I think that the current engine is a rotary vane off a vacuum pump or or air motor from an overhead crane. As Terry said it's a BIG steam hog. This kind of setup is relatively inexpensive to build and gives a good foundation to try different ideas as you learn about steam power. You can contact Roger Maguire here Steamcar@peoplepc.com or that was his last know email that I have. The steam bike made by David Sarlin, The "Vesuvius" may still be available from Cole's or another source. Maybe another forum member may have a source. Roger briefly fired the Vesuvius that I have on a test stand and may be able to tell you more about it.

Wear a Helmet!
Dick</HTML>

Re: email link
Posted by: Terry Williams (IP Logged)
Date: May 28, 2003 04:49PM

<HTML>Dick. Anne and I were thinking of attending the Delta meet this year. Late September?</HTML>

Re: attn. Dick vennerbeck (steam bike)
Posted by: jim reed (IP Logged)
Date: May 29, 2003 01:36AM

<HTML>Alex: That stuff I promised you is on the way. It includes the steam mini bike thanks to Mark Stacey. Regards, Jim Reed</HTML>

The Great Delta Steamboat Meet
Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: June 02, 2003 12:10PM

<HTML>Terry,
Everyone would enjoy seeing you and Anne again at the Delta Meet. The dates are September 26, 27 and 28th. All lovers of steam power are invited. Bart Smaalders will send out the flyers this year. Let me know if you would like assistance in rounding up accomodations. If you will you bring your Steam Outboard Racing Motor, I'll find an aluminum boat for you to use.
Dick</HTML>

READING YOUR E-MAIL
Posted by: TOM VENNERBECK (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2005 01:59PM

<HTML>dICK YOU CANT KEEP ANY SECRETS FROM YOUR DAD NOW THE HE CAN USE THE COMPUTER TOM</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.