SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
STEAM INDUCTED SYSTEM
Posted by: EARL C. LEAVEY (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2003 03:20PM

<HTML>NEWS LINK: 7-8-03 www.usautonews.com WEB PAGE [www.usinduction.com];

Re: STEAM INDUCTED SYSTEM
Posted by: Terry Williams (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2003 03:56PM

<HTML>I don't see any patent mentioned. The links to the data don't work.</HTML>

Posted by: EARL C. LEAVEY (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2003 06:12PM

<HTML>INTERESTING TV AND RADIO LINKS ,BUT NOT MUCH TECNICAL INFO.</HTML>

Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2003 06:16PM

<HTML>My 1910ish One Lunger hopper cooled International Harvester engine starts on gasolene and when it warms up you switch it over to kerosene. The engine knocks on kerosene so you open a third needle valve on the carburetor and dribble water into the intake. The water vapor raises the octane of the kerosene enough to stop the knock.

Putting water into the intake charge of a car will not give you more power or better mileage unless it is a poorly designed engine. "AWI" or alcohol water injection was used on some military aircrafty engines in order to run at "Battle Power". You firewalled the throttle and turned on the AWI in order to keep the engine from detonating and making a "window" in the crankcase. I used to try to run my turbocharged 1964 Corvair Spyder using AWI. The car required 113 octane when it was built, but now in California the best you can get is 97. AWI was the only way short of buying 55 gallon drums of racing fuel to drive the car with half the performance.

Now if you wanted to run your car on kerosene and dribble water into the carb you might save some money on gas

The water trick has been around for 100 years I doubt that it is patentable</HTML>

Posted by: Arnold Walker (IP Logged)
Date: July 08, 2003 07:15PM

<HTML>My great uncle had a John Deere tractor like that.It started on gas,switched back to kerosene when it was warmed up.
Was a bear to crank if you forgot to switch back to gas when you shut it down.
don't remember the water injection part though....
Made more power with kerosene than gas .....do remeber that.</HTML>

Posted by: Jim Crank (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2003 12:23AM

<HTML>Earl,
Absolute rubbish. This idea has been around since at least 1900, and especially for farm tractors and marine engines. Start on gasoline, then when hot switch to kerosene and water. I have an ancient bronze carburetor from about 1910 that has two float bowls one for fuel and one for water. Move the lever and it proportions the water to the fuel.
Con artists again!!
Jim</HTML>

Posted by: Brian Drake (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2003 03:19AM

<HTML>It kind of reminds me of Gunnerman's fuel that he was supposed to be working on in conjunction with Caterpillar. There's been no word out of Gunnerman since he signed the deal with Caterpillar. [www.rbbi.com];

Posted by: David K Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2003 12:48PM

<HTML>Water injection was used in many early racing engines, it is a fairly good anti-knock agent! It also increased engine cooling. For these reasons, it was routinely used in piston aircraft engines during take off.</HTML>

Posted by: Mike Clark (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2003 06:10PM

<HTML>People have mentioned using a small steam jet into the Stanley venturis - does anyone know what this really does?</HTML>

Date: July 09, 2003 06:52PM

<HTML>

Mike Clark wrote:
>
> People have mentioned using a small steam jet into the
> Stanley venturis - does anyone know what this really
> does?

It really cuts down the howling, if you have a howler.</HTML>

Posted by: Brian Drake (IP Logged)
Date: July 10, 2003 02:25AM

<HTML>Why would you put a monkey in your car? ;)</HTML>

Date: July 10, 2003 02:05PM

<HTML>They sometimes slip into your car while you are building a new burner.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.