SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The Doble Book
Posted by: Jim Crank (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2003 03:59PM

<HTML>To All,
During a meeting last Saturday, my publisher, Phil Wood informed me that he intends to see the Doble book out and available in June or July of 2004.
It will be the big two volume set, slipcased, and will include everything that I have obtained and archived during the past forty five years.
It will contain loads of new material about the cars and the family that has never been known before. The stock fraud trials, the factual ending of the company, the bus projects, the McCulloch project, etc..
William Besler has a large chapter of his own in the book and it covers his work after his purchase of the Doble factory, patents and assets.
Do not contact me about obtaining the book; but e-mail Phil and ask that your name be put on the "To be notified" list. kathy@tenspeed.com
Jim Crank</HTML>

Re: The Doble Book
Posted by: George Nutz (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2003 06:00PM

<HTML>Jim,
Great news! I had been hoping that it would have been out for this Xmas but understand you have come up with a whole new bunch of archives that make it even better. Hopefully Phil will get it out on scheduled time. Thanks for such a huge effort on your part.
George</HTML>

Posted by: George Nutz (IP Logged)
Date: December 18, 2003 05:00PM

<HTML>Jim,
Just testing to see if the phorum is operational, I did write Kathy.
George</HTML>

Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2003 02:44AM

<HTML>Me Too, and reserved two copies. Will Jim sign them..........without buying lunch first? Still a great deal with a lunch thrown in.
Thanks Jim!

Dick Vennerbeck</HTML>

Posted by: Kent Wetherill (IP Logged)
Date: February 26, 2004 05:53AM

<HTML>I would like to get the plans to the Doble steam car engine if it isn't a military secret. Will it be in the book?</HTML>

Posted by: Ken Helmick (IP Logged)
Date: May 26, 2004 12:00AM

<HTML>Hi:

I just ran across this forum. Who is this Phil, and how do I e-mail him to reserve a book?

Ken</HTML>

Posted by: Andy Patterson (IP Logged)
Date: May 27, 2004 02:12PM

<HTML>Hi Ken

You should have been at Danville last year. Been telling some of these folks about your burner. You might wont to elaborate on it's design.

Andy</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.