SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
What is an EX Stanely?
Posted by: Gary Hoonsbeen (IP Logged)
Date: April 09, 2004 11:18AM

<HTML>Exactly what makes a Stanley a model EX! Compairing the details on some of the Stanley Model EX's, they seem to have some things in common: 18 x 14 inch boiler, 48/79 gear ratio, 3 x 4 inch engine (10 HP) and a 90 inch wheel base.

What differences were there between the 1906 to 1908 years of the EX, if they did in fact call them EX's for three years? I am looking at a Stanly that was claimed to be a 1906 EX but it is not the same as the above items. The boiler is 15.5 x 14 inch, the gear ratio is 40/79 (counted several times), the engine IS 3 x 4 inch AND the wheel base is 98.5 inches!

It has wooden fenders and a mother-in-law seat but these are reproductions, however a nice ones, obviously copied from an original.

A number 13752 is stamped on the top edge of the boiler and the number 0685 is stamped on a cross bar near the center of the engine. It has all of the automatic features but these could have easily been added over the years. No identification tag on the body or frame.

Anyone have an explaination? THANKS></HTML>

Re: What is an EX Stanely?
Posted by: Donald Eckel (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2004 01:18AM

<HTML>Sounds like you have a made up car- send me a picture via E- mail attachment- deckel@goes.com and I will attempt to identify it.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.