SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
1918 touring stanley for sale
Posted by: kay erikson (IP Logged)
Date: May 25, 2004 08:33PM

<HTML>Hi,
My mother is selling her partially restored stanley steamer. can anyone give us some advice on how or where we could sell this car. Mechanically it has been restored front to back, with new condensor, boiler and burner. The body is ready for paint, all the parts are there.
Thanks
Kay Erikson</HTML>

Re: 1918 touring stanley for sale
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: May 26, 2004 03:01AM

<HTML>Dear Kay,</HTML>

Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: May 26, 2004 03:10AM

<HTML>Dear Kay, The hardest thing for you to do is to come up with an honest price on the car for both the seller and the buyer. After you have done that, it should sell in a reasonable time on this web site's "for sale" column. Unfortunately, your Mom's Stanley is not finished. There is a huge gap in price between an unfinished car and one that is fully restored. If you are near Maine, the Stanley Museum in Kingfield, Maine is having a steam car auction in July and they would be happy to advertise it and to include your Mom's car in their auction. But beware, an unfinished car will not bring anywhere near a finished car's full price. A nice 1918 Stanley should see a price from $38,000 to $52,000. SSsssteamer</HTML>

Posted by: Norm Sinclair (IP Logged)
Date: July 14, 2004 09:27PM

<HTML>Hi Kay, This car has some interest for me, if you email some more info and a phone no. I will call you. Norm</HTML>

Posted by: Norm Sinclair (IP Logged)
Date: July 17, 2004 10:53PM

<HTML>Hi Kay, I'd like to talk to you about the 1918 Stanley if it is available. You can e-mail me at n34d19@netzero.net or call 941-408-9217. Thanks, Norm Sinclair</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.