SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
TECIVILOGY
Posted by: Damijan Ruzic (IP Logged)
Date: September 19, 2004 11:42AM

<HTML>Dear gentlemen,
Is there anybody who know if there is a particular science branch for waste energy transforming into propeling power. In my opinion it is a good idea to have it or to form it. In this way we could find a way to reintroduce steam engines and devices. If you have such a scientific name in U.S.A., please inform me, otherwise I am free to propose the name TRANSFORMATIO ENERGIAE CADENTIS IN VIM IMPULSIO (LOGY), TECIVILOGY in short thermes.
Damijan Ruzic</HTML>

Re: TECIVILOGY
Posted by: Arnold Walker (IP Logged)
Date: September 19, 2004 07:04PM

<HTML>I think the name is themodynamics field.....already.
Combined Cycle steampower......for application</HTML>

Date: September 20, 2004 07:31AM

<HTML>Dear Arnold,

Thank you for your answer, but I think in general... you know, something lke science what is about turning waste energy into propeling power..so strictly this. Combyned cycles are one of the feasible ways, however.
Thanks a lot,
Damijan</HTML>

Posted by: Bill Gatlin (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2004 02:55AM

<HTML>Dear Damijan,

Most waste energy is in too low a temperature range to be made use of in a steam engine efficiently. There is one, however, that does work extreamly well to produce electrical power from lower temperature heat. It's called the Kaluna cycle and uses an ammonia-water medium to great advantage. I don't know if it would work in an automobile engine directly but it might have some application in salvaging some of the heat lost at the bottom of the cycle.

Right now I'm doing some investigation of an ammonia-water cycle, but finding the resource materials has been frustrating.

Data on the Kaluna cycle can be found on the web.

PS. I apologise for losing contact with you on developing an engine previously. I've been busy and doing a lot of catching up on my thermodynamics, unbelievable how rusty one can get.

Wishing you well---------Bill G.</HTML>

Date: October 11, 2004 10:15AM

<HTML>Hy, Bill,

It is so nice hearing from you.
Thank you for your information, I also belive in Amonia - Water steam cycle.
Nasa is sugesting 80/20 ratio and I think this cycle is of high importance for separate cycle use.
I am working on C.R.M. expander, so centrycal rotary expander with foldable fins. It has a capability of adaptable gheometry, so both, cut off point and expander volume could be adopted and controled in one device.
Actualy it is in my opinion what you are looking for, a good orbital expander for steam engine. In I.C. engines I do not like orbital expanders, becouse in this case cylinder is still the best compresor and expander indeed.
I would like to spend some time talking with you, than you have time for that.
Best regards,
Damijan</HTML>

Posted by: Bill Gatlin (IP Logged)
Date: October 12, 2004 12:37AM

<HTML>Hello Damijan,

I tryed to take another look at your website but couldn't seem to come up with the same pages I did before. Also the last time I had an english version or my translator handeled it, I forget which, but I couldn't find any Slovic-English translations. Would you please send me some drawings via e-mail of your expander/compressor design. I'd like to look at it a little closer.

I got a responce from the person who did her thesis on The Thermodynamic Properties of Ammonia-Water Mixtures and she is going to send me a copy. Hurray! If it proves to be usful data I will of course send a copy on to you with her permission. I know that sometimes just getting correct raw data can be a challenge.

Wishing you well-------------Bill G.

willietheturtle@linuxmail.org</HTML>

Date: November 02, 2004 06:17PM

<HTML>Dear Bill,

Sory becouse I did not reply yet, but I was bussy these days.
You can be sore that I will respond within short.
Polites,
Damijan</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.