SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
VARIABLE SPEED STEAM MOTOR
Posted by: EARL C. LEAVEY, JR. (IP Logged)
Date: September 26, 2004 12:10AM

<HTML>WEBSITE LINK [www.nestco1.com];

Re: VARIABLE SPEED STEAM MOTOR
Posted by: George Nutz (IP Logged)
Date: September 26, 2004 10:46AM

<HTML>Earl,
It takes someone in Florida to come up with this unknown company in SACA/NE back yard! Wonder if it actually performs---looks like a single stage wheel of low RPM. Hope you make it thru hurricane Jeanne, I wonder if my little house will still be there when I move down soon.
Best, George</HTML>

Posted by: EARL C. LEAVEY, JR. (IP Logged)
Date: September 26, 2004 01:55PM

<HTML>GEORGE, THIS STEAM MOTOR WAS FOUND DURING A SEARCH FOR STEAM LINKS FOR MY NEW WEBSITE. [free.hostdepartment.com] THE ENGINE IS HIGH TORQUE WITH A LOW SHAFT RPM, ALSO, REVERSABLE. IT WOULD NEED A EXHAUST TURBINE TO GAIN MORE EFFICIENCY. I COULD POWER MY FORD TRUCK WITH THIS MOTOR???????? WE'RE GETTING 20 TO 50 MILE AN HOUR WINDS HERE IN LEESBURG ,TODAY. STORM MOVING SOUTH OF ORLANDO TOWARDS TAMPA. EARL</HTML>

Posted by: Jim Crank (IP Logged)
Date: September 26, 2004 02:52PM

<HTML>George, Earl,
Before everyone gets his knickers in a knot, let's see the speed-horsepower-and water rate curves. Then get excited.
What is the cost.
Jim</HTML>

Posted by: Graeme Vagg (IP Logged)
Date: September 27, 2004 12:01AM

<HTML>Jim,

The cost of this turbine on the web site is $8,500. I think you have to send the company an e-mail to get any additional performance data that is needed. The proposed used is a mains power source for someone with plenty if spare steam capacity. If steam economy was not too bad you could fit a waste product fuelled boiler. For a new turbine generator, weight, size and cost looks good.

The economic justification is based on sufficient waste steam being available that would normally be dumped. If you added the cost of the fuel needed to make this amount of steam the net savings would be reduced and be negative at some point.

Nevertheless it looks like a good product for someone who needs a long life electrical generator and can feed it economically.

Graeme</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.