SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Need to find blueprints...
Posted by: RichardEParson (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2004 04:56PM

<HTML>for construction of a simple steram engine with a closed system. I have the condensor worked out. I have a friend who has plenty of them. He works for a large refrigeration company. Plenty of spare parts to work with. I need a engine specifically designed for use with steam. I am not past CNCing my own parts for a working model. I was contacted by a person from who knows where. He said he had it all figured it out. When I wanted proof before I funded him he has not replied. I have a 140 I.Q. If you have genuine information I am willing to pay a fee, but please do not try to techno-talk money out of my wallet. Any help would be appreciated.</HTML>

Re: Need to find blueprints...
Posted by: ArnoldWalker (IP Logged)
Date: October 18, 2004 05:39PM

<HTML>You looked at plans at this site or Light Steam site....?
A few more details on power requiremnets ,etc.
And the guys might be able to steer you towards a set of plans.</HTML>

Posted by: Mark Stacey (IP Logged)
Date: October 19, 2004 05:44PM

<HTML>Sigh.

A simple steam engine.
Simple to make? simple to run? Few moving parts? Simple to find fuel for?

with a closed system
Practically any steam system can be made a closed system if you have a big enough condesor with enough coolent (air water what ever).

To even start to answer your question the horse power weight efficency etc have to be defined. As a bare minimum what will the engine be powering. From there you may, repeat, may find plans that are usable for your purpose.
Check out
[www.steamautomobile.com] storeroom section
[www.lightsteampower.freeserve.co.uk]

Cheers
Mark Stacey
www.cncprototyping.co.nz</HTML>

Posted by: David Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2004 01:44PM

<HTML>For small engines (<1hp.), the model engines made by Stuart in England might suit. They are available in kit form.
For 10-20 hp., sets of drawings of the Stanley type 7 (20hp.) engine are available from either the Stanley Museum in Kingfield Maine or SACA Stores. The Museum's set have been redrawn and digitally reproduced, and are much easier to read. Both sets have significant errors, but most of them have been found and reported.</HTML>

Posted by: Tom Lahey (IP Logged)
Date: October 22, 2004 11:34PM

<HTML>I see the coment about the stanley 7 blueprints....is there a source of castings available?

<a href="mailto:&#110;&#101;&#114;&#103;&#97;&#97;&#114;&#100;&#64;&#114;&#99;&#110;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109;?subject=Re: Need to find blueprints...">David Nergaard</a> wrote:
>
> For small engines (<1hp.), the model engines made by
> Stuart in England might suit. They are available in kit form.
> For 10-20 hp., sets of drawings of the Stanley type 7 (20hp.)
> engine are available from either the Stanley Museum in
> Kingfield Maine or SACA Stores. The Museum's set have been
> redrawn and digitally reproduced, and are much easier to
> read. Both sets have significant errors, but most of them
> have been found and reported.</HTML>

Posted by: ArnoldWalker (IP Logged)
Date: October 23, 2004 05:06AM

<HTML>Not sure, David was offering some improved castings awhile back for the type 7 that were better than the original design.But may be sold out......</HTML>

Posted by: David Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: October 24, 2004 12:05PM

<HTML>There are three machined blocks in stock, and about a dozen raw castings.</HTML>

Posted by: RichardEParson (IP Logged)
Date: November 02, 2004 02:37AM

<HTML>Sorry about my posting. I didn't want to come off as elitist. I thought that might scare off the quacks. I fully intend to run a modern steam engine in a car in California. 20 horsepower would be a good start. I don't know of it is sufficient for prolonged use. I will look up the sources provided and go from there. Thank you for your help.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.