SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
EBAY- STUMPF STEAM BOOK
Posted by: EARL C. LEAVEY, JR. (IP Logged)
Date: November 06, 2004 09:25PM

<HTML>AUCTION - THE UNA-FLOW STEAM ENGINE BY STUMPF 1922 [cgi.ebay.com] MY WEBSITE STEAMLINKS [free.hostdepartment.com];

Re: EBAY- STUMPF STEAM BOOK
Posted by: George Nutz (IP Logged)
Date: November 08, 2004 10:35PM

<HTML>Earl,
Thanks for your diligence on finding this book, a very good find.
George</HTML>

Posted by: EARL C. LEAVEY, JR. (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2004 01:52AM

<HTML>GEORGE, I'VE HEARD MANY COMMENTS ON THE UNA-FLOW STEAM BOOK. SOME OF THE BOOK DEALERS ARE OFFERING TO PRINT A NEW BOOK FROM MICRO FILM FOR $75.00 TO $99.00. 1912 EDITION. THE BOOK SEARCH, I DID ONLY FOUND ONE DEALER FOR USED 1922 EDITION, ABOUT $34.00. MANY OF THESE OLD STEAM BOOKS SHOULD BE PUT ON E-BOOK CD'S. THEY HAVE ARCHIVAL BOOK SCANNERS THAT DO A DESCENT JOB OF COPYING, BUT VERY EXPENSIVE. I DID FIND A COMPUTER SCANNER THAT IS DESIGNED AS A BOOK SCANNER AND WITH THE APPROPRIATE SOFTWARE, ONLY $249.00. I'M BUSY ECONOMISING IN LEESBURG, SO I CAN'T WORK ON TO MANY STEAM PROJECTS. DID A WEBSITE FOR STEAMLINKS, WHICH WAS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE IN WED DESIGN AND DEVELOPEMENT. I REALIZE HOW LITTLE I KNOW ABOUT COMPUTERS. DID YOU COMPETE YOUR MOVE TO OCALA? E-MAIL YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER AND I'LL GIVE YOU A CALL. I TALK BETTER THAN I WRITE. REGARDS, EARL MY E-MAIL ADDRESS: earleatwo@yahoo.com</HTML>

Posted by: Bill Gatlin (IP Logged)
Date: November 09, 2004 01:47PM

<HTML>Hi Guys,

I wanted to let the good people on this phorum know also that I am bidding on this book with the intention of commiting it to cd so everyone can have a copy that wants one. Bid time runs out on Sunday the fourteenth, late afternoon or early evening.

My E-Bay name is williamthemiddle so keep an eye on it in case I run out of money which isn't too hard to do. Things are picking up for me though.

Chow------------Bill G.</HTML>

Posted by: Terry Williams (IP Logged)
Date: December 02, 2004 03:25PM

<HTML>Wasn't the Sumpf book reproduced in one of the hobby magazines a few years ago?</HTML>

Posted by: David Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: December 05, 2004 11:14AM

<HTML>Small parts of it were . Less than 5% of it, I think.</HTML>

Posted by: David Nergaard (IP Logged)
Date: December 08, 2004 12:29PM

<HTML>Correction: more than 50 sections were reprinted in Modeltec. I do not know whether that was the whole book, which had 320 pages.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.