SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New custom boilers available
Posted by: Peter E. Bouley (IP Logged)
Date: December 29, 2004 01:47AM

<HTML>BLACKSTAR Museum, PO Box 377, Pascoag, RI 02859
train_riteservices@toast.net or 401-567-9000

We are a registered non-profit museum dedicated to providing young and old through our restoration/education programs, the opportunity to be part of a variety of restoration projects. I am (Peter E. Bouley) a Boilermaker with over 30 years of experience, have written several books and have been a lecturer at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts on steam restoration issues. I am one of the founders of the program at BLACKSTAR and we are able to provide anyone with a brand new custom boiler at a fraction of the true cost due to our non-profit status. Give us a call or email and let's see how we can make your project a reality.

We also are able to do complete restorations. Let me give you and example: I took a 60 ton standard gauge 0-4-0 with tender, that was under water for over 20 years and transformed it into a 2-4-4 36" gauge Forney using students from trade schools in 5 states. The total cost of the project was less than $250,000.00 when it should have been around $900,000.00 if it were done by a For-Profit company. The method of restoration was what gained me the opportuntity to speak at M.I.T. Students still contact me from all over the world. I tell it like it is.....not like the book says it is!

A contact with BLACKSTAR Museum could be the best call you ever made in your life.

Thank you and Have a Steamingly Successfull New Year.</HTML>

Re: New custom boilers available
Posted by: Dan Ullfig (IP Logged)
Date: December 30, 2004 07:50PM

<HTML>I've always wanted to build a small 24" gauge 0-4-0 steam engine... I might talk to you guys in the future :)

Dan

( or maybe a Garratt 0-6-0+0-6-0, yeah, that would be neat.... )</HTML>

Posted by: ArnoldWalker (IP Logged)
Date: December 30, 2004 09:17PM

<HTML>Seem a Crown from Bush Gardens in Florida for sale....American 24"gauge with cars and 1/2 mile of track.Might be offtrack for you but figured it would be worth mentioning.

At least more so, than the 36" gauge American (Crown) in El Paso that the movie guys parked years ago ,for lack of western movies.</HTML>

Posted by: Dan Ullfig (IP Logged)
Date: December 30, 2004 09:54PM

<HTML>Do you have any more info? a name? contact?

Dan</HTML>

Posted by: ArnoldWalker (IP Logged)
Date: December 31, 2004 07:16AM

<HTML>I am dated a bit on that engine .....it has since gone to the Gold Coast railroad Musuem in Maimi,Florida.</HTML>

Posted by: Dick Vennerbeck (IP Logged)
Date: January 02, 2005 03:10AM

<HTML>Peter,
I am a native of Foster Rhode Island. We are your neighbor. Can You give me some more information about your museum? I now live in California and would enjoy any information that you can supply. I tried to find yuour books in print and was unable to find any reference. Can you please tell me where to find them.
Thank You,
Dick Vennerbeck</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.