SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Stanley Water Pump??
Posted by: Mark Stacey (IP Logged)
Date: December 06, 2001 07:18PM

<HTML>Hi I'm trying to identify a water pump that is suposedly Stanley. I've checked as much I can but it is nothing like any Stanley pump I've come across.
The body is a one piece bronze casting comprising two pump bodies in line with each other with the two sets of inlet and outlet check valves mounted in the centre of the casting and thus the ram openings at either end . The rams which enter the pump body from either end are coupled together by two tie rods that run either side of the body through guides machined through lugs on the casting.
In operation one ram moves into the body while the other with draws then the motion reverses so the tie rods work in both tension and compression.
Any identity sugestions or hints?

Cheers
Mark Stacey</HTML>

Re: Stanley Water Pump??
Posted by: coburn benson (IP Logged)
Date: December 12, 2001 01:30AM

<HTML>I think I saw one of those on Winships S-V 1926?</HTML>

Posted by: Donald Eckel (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2001 12:59AM

<HTML>The car next to me at the Hershey fall meet (only other Stanley there- other than my 1903- had those pumps on it- not stanley pumps- Amsley devised?</HTML>

Posted by: Howard Randall (IP Logged)
Date: December 13, 2001 11:13AM

<HTML>THIS SUMMER I DROVE AN AMSLEY DEVISED MOUNTAIN WAGON ON TOUR WITH THIS STYLE PUMP. BY THE END OF THE WEEK, THE CHECK BALLS HAD BEATEN THERE WAY INTO THE SEATS SO DEEPLY THAT THEY STOPPED LIFTING. ON THURSDAY OF THE TOUR I HAD TO NURSE THE CAR HOME BY STOPPING EVERY 2-3 MILES, JACKING THE CAR AND WRAPPING ON THE PUMP HOUSING WHILE FILLING THE BOILER FOR ANOTHER 2-3 MILE RUN. TEN TO TWENTY STOPS LATER WE WERE BACK AT THE HOTEL. WE DID NOT GO OUT FRIDAY! THE PUMPS ARE NOW OUT FOR NEW CHECK BALL SEATS.

IF YOU HAVE NO PLANS FOR THE PUMPS, THE OWNER OF THE MOUNTAIN WAGON WHOULD BE INTERESTED FOR A SPARE.</HTML>

Posted by: Mark Stacey (IP Logged)
Date: December 21, 2001 07:39PM

<HTML>Sorry the pumps are going to be reinstalled (one day) as a steam driven pump in my steam car.
Cheers
Mark Stacey</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.