SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
GVANG STEAM CAR
Posted by: Ray Manta (IP Logged)
Date: February 09, 2005 12:04PM

<HTML>The truth and Myths of GVANG

It is time straighten out all the misinformation and mysticism that has been surrounding the GVANG. The Chinese say that pictures are worth a thousand words. So there you are. So much has been said about the designer and the nature of GVANG over the years. Many have been misinformed and have to this date no idea as to what the designer, Gene Van Grecken, had in mind when he came up with this creation.
Following are a few scanned photographs of the creation. However can someone in the Phorum show me the steps to display the following photographs and articles related to GVANG?
Photo1 - Shows the car at the Sydney convention plus the dash
Photo2 - Comalco Sighting
Photo3 - Black Box for Engine
Photo4 - Fluid Pump
Photo 5 - Van Grecken at Work
Photo 6 - Van Grecken with Steam Generator
Photo 7 - Van Grecken with Engine
Photo 8 - Father/Son with GVANG + GVANG rear view + Generator
Photos 9 and 10 - Article about GVAN Published in Morganite Review Vol. 1, No. 7
Photo 11- GVANG in front of workshop plus shell pictures
Photo 12 - This is what the GVANG designer is up to. Aeroplanes and Dogs.

The body was auctioned in Sydney and sits with 12 inches of dust at some property in Blue Mountains.
No, Van Grecken never made his millions from the car.
Yes, He is still alive and well.
He quit the GVANG venture when he and his family were threatened by some oil tycoons.
No, He does not live in Switzerland.
His whereabouts will never be known to anyone other than those he selects and the person displaying this information. Help me to share some old and recent photographs</HTML>

<b>Re: GVANG STEAM CAR</b>
Posted by: JW (IP Logged)
Date: February 09, 2005 05:47PM

<HTML>Hi Ray-

If you email photos to me, I will create a GVANG web page and post your pix, and add a couple of links. You can also include a link to specific photo in your posts. To make the URL [address] to a photo become an active link, enclose the URL in angle brackets < > & leave no spaces.

jw@stanleysteamers.com

</HTML>

Re: GVANG STEAM CAR
Posted by: Patricia Young (IP Logged)
Date: March 02, 2005 06:39AM

<HTML>Could you please email me the photos listed on Gene Van Grecken. I would be very interested in knowning about the life and works of van Grecken.

Patricia</HTML>

Posted by: Brian McMorran (IP Logged)
Date: March 02, 2005 10:11PM

<HTML>Ray
I e-mailed the following to you but thought the forum may also be interested.
Light Steam Power Vol. XXIV No. 4 Page 210 has a good line drawing of the Gvang . It also quotes another article in vol. XXII No. 2 which shows a less detailed drawing of the complete car, a schematic of the steam power unit and mentions the piston seals of Morganite CY10F material.
Brian</HTML>

Posted by: Gvang (IP Logged)
Date: June 05, 2005 10:46PM

<HTML>Please send me your email address.</HTML>

Posted by: Gvang (IP Logged)
Date: June 07, 2005 06:56AM

<HTML>could you please send me you email address Patricia Young</HTML>

Posted by: nigel spray (IP Logged)
Date: August 09, 2005 05:03AM

<HTML>I am interested in the Gvang machine.Send me any info on it .It is not a easy progect to research.</HTML>

Posted by: Terry Jameson (IP Logged)
Date: November 30, 2005 12:15AM

<HTML>Ray,
I have long been interested in the GVANG and actually examined the chassis/body in the front yard of a house in Merrylands NSW, sometime in the 80's. (No engine in it and no one would answer the door !
I have an article in my' files somewhere (Motor or Wheels magazine which includes drawings and photos. Do you have a copy of this ?
I would very much like to see the photos listed above if this is possible.
Best wishes,
Terry</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.