SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
where's the home page gone?
Posted by: Mike Clark (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2005 08:49PM

<HTML>I seem only to be able to get the phorum now - has something happened to the Stanleysteamers.com homepage?

Mike</HTML>

Re: where's the home page gone?
Posted by: Andy Patterson (IP Logged)
Date: May 18, 2005 08:55PM

Date: May 19, 2005 07:58PM

<HTML>Andy

Yes I've done that - just get message saying "The file / cannot be found. Please check the location and try again".

Mike</HTML>

Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2005 06:34AM

<HTML>Mike, how does it feel to be the only one with this problem? "You are the chosen one...."</HTML>

Posted by: Graeme Vagg (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2005 08:29AM

<HTML>Mike,

I had a similar problem with the For Sale link recently and could not access it for about two weeks. I could get the home page and all the other links. I think a spyware site hijacked the link as all I was getting was an advert for something. I eventually cleaned out the spyware with the free Spybot program and have not had any problems since.

Graeme</HTML>

Posted by: Roland Evans (IP Logged)
Date: May 20, 2005 01:22PM

<HTML>Mike go to yahoo search or some other site like the steam car club of Great Britain and go to links. Try their link for the site. It may be clean.
Rolly</HTML>

Rolly

Date: May 22, 2005 11:14PM

<HTML>Well I don't know what was going on but it's come back now. By the way none of the other links to it worked either. Steam is much better than electricity - at least you can see which way it is going!!

Mike</HTML>

Posted by: Howard Randall (IP Logged)
Date: May 27, 2005 05:02PM

<HTML>Re: "at least you can see which way it is going" Try telling that to the guy just cut in half from a leak in a high pressure steam line on board a modern Navy vessel!</HTML>

Posted by: Ben in Maine (IP Logged)
Date: May 27, 2005 06:10PM

<HTML>Hi,,,For finding hi pressure leaks,,put a rag on a long bamboo pole and wave it along the suspect pipe,,the leak will either cut off the pole or set the rag a'fire,,,,This advice from mentor Joe Knowles,Lincoln Ma,1952 thereadouts,,Cheers Ben oops,,</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.