SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
EX-E2
Posted by: Gary Hoonsbeen (IP Logged)
Date: November 15, 2005 01:43AM

<HTML>I am restoring a mix between an EX and E2 10HP Stanley. Does anyone have a piping diagram for these models, or any 10 HP of the 1908-09 vintage similar to the one supplied by Luke Chaplin, as shown on this web site?

Also, I have on set of raw castings for an EX 10HP rear axle assembly, including the axle housing tubes. I will not be casting any more of these!

Gary</HTML>

Re: EX-E2
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: November 17, 2005 04:21PM

<HTML>Dear Gary, Go to the SACA website and click onto the store room. In their catalog of items, they have a 1906 "Instructions for firing up and running the Stanley Steam Car". It has the same plumbing diagrams as the 1908 Instructions book. I compared the two books and they looked the same. The plumbing is for a single fuel system which many operators have gone back to since unleaded gas is now about the same quality as Coleman fuel. In our Mt. Wagon, I have been using regular unleaded for pilot fuel without any problems so far. If you want the extra heat of kerosene, then incorporate the differences in the fuel systems from the later two fuel system in to your 1908 Stanley. 1914 was the first year that Stanley changed to the two fuel system. Anything earlier using a two fuel system is a reto-fit which is acceptable in most car circles.</HTML>

Re: EX-E2
Posted by: SSsssteamer (IP Logged)
Date: November 17, 2005 08:42PM

<HTML>If you can, find another 10 hp Stanley of about your same year and take a lot of photos of his fuel, steam, and water systems. This will help you in your routing of your lines. Pay also close attention of the diameter of lines used. For a 10 hp, a 7/16" diameter line can be used for the feed lines to the water pumps, but don't use anything smaller than 3/8" diameter. You should have a free flowing, high volume gravity feed to yoiur water pumps.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.