SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Looking for printable Doble Pics
Posted by: Andreas Schwander (IP Logged)
Date: January 25, 2006 03:52AM

<HTML>Gentlemen

I am a journalist writing an article about steam cars for Swiss Newspapers. Therefore I am looking for a printable, high resultion color picture of a Doble Car. Can somoebody of you send me something like that?

The article is also about the De Dietrich Schwander steam systems. Erwin Schwander built two steam cars along the Doble system in 35 and 38 to evaluate it as a means of power for railcars. It was compared to Bugatti straighteight 4.9 liters engines that where popular in railcars then in France.

Hence, the De Dietrich-Schwander cars where measured against the Bugatti cars and built up on Bugatti Chassis, the first most probably on a Type 43, the second on a Type 50.

If you are interested in modern steam from Switzerland, here are two links: one for a manufacturere with whom I sometimes work, and one of a project for a modern steam powered commuter railway we launched.

[www.dm-ag.ch]

[www.modern-steam-hauenstein.ch]

Yours

Andreas Schwander</HTML>

Re: Looking for printable Doble Pics
Posted by: George (IP Logged)
Date: February 02, 2006 11:34PM

<HTML>Andreas,
Great information in your post. Many pictures of great Dobles can be found on the home page of this website along with many pictures of a Doble "E" engine newly assembled.
George</HTML>

Re: Looking for printable Doble Pics
Posted by: nicholas norante (IP Logged)
Date: June 27, 2006 02:32AM

<HTML>HELLO HELLO
FOUND YOUR REQUEST FOR A PHOTO OF THE DOBLE CAR.
I HAVE SOME THINGS THAT MIGHT BE OF INTEREST TO YOU.
IT IS 10 :27PM IN WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA BUT I WILL START DIGGING IN THE MORNING.I HAVE A BOOK ON STEAM CARS BY CLYMER AND PERHAPS AN OLD ARTICLE ON DOBLE AND AN ARTICLE ON A DOBLE POWERED AIRPLANE.
I WILL GET BACK TO YOU SOON.
REGARDS NICK</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.