SteamGazette
1 Steam Cars :  Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
General Steam Car topics 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Projects
Posted by: Terry Williams (IP Logged)
Date: July 22, 2002 03:39PM

<HTML>I am glad that GB Gilbert steered me to this forum. I see some here that I have met in the past and others I have corresponded with. A good group, I'd say.

Is there one place where current steam projects are listed? I am still fooling with steam outboard motors, and am corresponding with builders in the US, GB, Sweden and Australia. I am thinking I'd like to build something with wheels on it though.</HTML>

Re: Projects
Posted by: Mark Stacey (IP Logged)
Date: July 24, 2002 08:20AM

<HTML>Hi Terry
The photos section of this site is probably the best for a taste of projects out there. John's comupter has got the jitters so no updates of the pictures sections currently. I've sent in a few pictures of my car "Black Betty" and a steam buggy a friend and I are faffing around with to amuse everyone.
It is just a fact there is a lot of restoration activity in the steam vehicle world but but very little is happening with new steam vehicle hardware. Note I said hardware probably because for one person to build a steam car it's a huge undertaking. Athol Jonas who built my car spent 20 years of his retirement working on the conversion and had the advantage of a lifetime messing about with steam cars and a collection of steam car bits that meant the throttle, fead water heater, hand valves, engine driven pumps, pyrometers, lubricators all came from his parts box.
Not being negative it's an all consuming passion that sort of sneaks up on you once you start making a vehicle
Karl Peterson's site has a few links [www.firedragon.com]

And as if I don't have enough projects I'm still hunting a 400cc 2 cylinder outboard short block with leg to convert to steam.
Cheers
Mark Stacey</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.